How Will The 250-hour TESOL Diploma Help You Become the Best Teacher?
Knowing how to create lesson plans using different formats and approaches is the foundation for creating an award-winning curriculum! The 250-hour TESOL Diploma program will teach you how to use various lesson planning formats for different levels, how to use various approaches within the Communicative Language Teaching method, and how to fully replace the textbook with authentic material. By the end of this course, you will have the skills to adapt to any curriculum in the world and customize the lessons to your students’ needs. This program also provides the most comprehensive training in grammar and phonology.
The 250-hour TESOL Diploma is an extended version of the in-class Trinity CertTESOL that Coventry House International offers in Toronto and is recognized by TESL Canada on completion of a separate Practicum module.
There are a total of 3 exams, 19 assignments, and 10 tasks in this course
After completing this module, you will understand complex grammar structures and be able to:
- Identify common students’ mistakes.
- Answer students’ grammar questions.
- Produce effective grammar lesson plans at different levels in the methodology module.
This module will take you through all the stages of planning and delivering effective ESL lessons. It will provide you with the ability to:
- Evaluate and use various approaches within the Communicative Language Teaching method (Communicative Approach, Integrated Skills, and Task-based Learning) for teaching grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, writing, listening, and reading lessons.
- Use different lesson planning models (PPP, ESA, TTT, and TBL) for different ESL levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc.).
- Supplement or fully replace the ESL textbook using authentic material and improve the curriculum with lesson plans that meet your students’ needs.
- Reflect on different testing and assessment strategies.
Gain an in-depth understanding of phonological features (articulation of sounds, linking sounds, intonation, assimilation, elision, etc.) to be able to identify students’ pronunciation problems and use various techniques to correct students’ oral mistakes.
This course has been evaluated and accredited by two separate, independent accrediting bodies: The UK-based Accreditation for TESOL Distance Education Courses (ACTDEC) and TESL Canada.
Upon successful completion of all exams, tasks, and assignments, you will receive a 250-hour TESOL Diploma and a transcript with your marks awarded by Coventry House International-OnTESOL in Toronto, Canada.
Graduates will be eligible for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 and/or ACTDEC UK Level 5 accreditation after meeting their accreditation requirements.
Tuition fee: CND$995 (Approx. US$760, EUR 645, GBP 570)
- Online / mobile / printable course material.
- A qualified and experienced teacher trainer, who will correct your work, provide you with extensive feedback, and answer your questions.
- Video tutorials and sample ESL lessons.
- Task-integrated videos.
- An internationally recognized TESOL Diploma with transcript mailed to any location in the world.
- Access to more than 1,000 ESL schools in the top destinations.
- Recruitment in China, Indonesia, and Russia with English First.
- Recruitment in China with Aston English.
- Recruitment in South Korea with EPIK.
- Recruitment in Hong Kong with the Hong Kong Education Bureau.
- Recruitment in Japan with Gaba.
- Recruitment in Thailand with T.S.E.T.A.
- Recruitment in Vietnam with Amslink.
- Recruitment for online ESL jobs.
*(For free job recruitment services, candidates must meet job and immigration requirements)
TESOL Certification: Prior TESOL or TEFL certification is not required to take the 250-hour TESOL Diploma.
Teaching Experience: Teaching experience is not required to take the 250-hour TESOL Diploma.
University Degree: A Bachelor degree is not required to take the TESOL Diploma course and graduate with the 250-hour TESOL Diploma issued by Coventry House International-OnTESOL. However, candidates who wish to become eligible for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification must complete a BA degree in any area before applying for TESL Canada accreditation.
Native Speaker Requirement: The TESOL Diploma course and TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification are open to native-English speakers from Canada, the USA, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Non-native speakers may take the TESOL Diploma course and receive the certification awarded by Coventry House International-OnTESOL and/or ACTDEC UK Level 5 accreditation, but those who wish to pursue TESL Canada accreditation are informed that they must obtain a valid proficiency score (TOEFL or IELTS) before applying for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification.
The online 250-hour TESOL Diploma program was designed for trainees who need to take a TESOL certification course at their own pace in order to meet other work or study commitments. The minimum time necessary to complete this course is 2 months. The maximum time given to complete this course is 8 months.
The 50-hour Practicum is separate and optional. It’s perfect for people who want to obtain supervised teaching experience and complete a teaching practice module after the TESOL Diploma program. Graduates who wish to pursue TESL Canada accreditation must complete the 50-hour Practicum.
The 50-hour Practicum module consists of 30 hours of class observation and 20 hours of supervised teaching practice with adult ESL students of different levels.
There are two options for completing the Practicum:
- OnTESOL can help you set up the Practicum in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Halifax, or Edmonton for a fee (Our partners charge between $700 and $900 for the 50-hour Practicum).
- You can also complete the Practicum anywhere else in the world or in the cities mentioned above if you are already teaching at a school or you have access to an ESL class. OnTESOL will approve the teacher, provide the Practicum booklet with guidelines, moderate the reports and lesson plans, and issue the Practicum certificate at no extra cost. Graduates can complete the Practicum in any country, whether at an ESL school, community center that offers ESL classes, LINC program, or TESOL/TEFL institute. The Practicum must be supervised by a teacher with over 2000 hours of teaching experience and an advanced TESOL/TEFL certificate with Practicum (TESL Canada, Trinity CertTESOL, CELTA, TESL Ontario, or SIT TESOL). The students who participate in the Practicum must be older than 18. TESOL Diploma graduates who prefer this option are responsible for finding a qualified teacher who meets the requirements mentioned above and arranging any fees related with supervising the Practicum.
There isn’t a deadline for completing the Practicum, so it is possible to complete this module for free after obtaining employment. Some TESOL institutes offer the Stand-Alone Practicum for a fee. Visit tesl.ca for a list of TESL Canada course providers in different provinces. Some language schools in Canada offer the Stand-Alone Practicum to our graduates, but they charge a fee to those who are not going to enter into a working relationship with them.