Internationally Recognized Since 2003
OnTESOL’s courses have been evaluated and accredited by two separate, independent accrediting bodies: The UK-based Accreditation for TESOL Distance Education Courses (ACTDEC) and TESL Canada. These organizations have scrutinized OnTESOL’s courses and given their official recognition of their veracity as teacher training programs. As a result, completion of Ontesol’s courses confers upon students an additional recognized status. In addition to receiving certification from Coventry House International-OnTESOL, graduates may apply for the appropriate certification from ACTDEC and TESL Canada (TESL Canada is equivalent to CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL worldwide).
Accreditation and Requirements:
250-hour TESOL Diploma
Completion of this program leads to the following 3 certifications:
- On successful completion of the 250-hour TESOL Diploma program, you will receive the 250-hour TESOL Diploma awarded by Coventry House International-OnTESOL.
- You will also receive an ACTDEC Level 5 certificate under the seal of the Council when you register at actdec.org.uk.
- You will also be eligible for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification on completion of a 50-hour Practicum and other accreditation requirements (See below).
Those who wish to be eligible for TESL Canada certification must successfully complete the online TESOL program, the Practicum and meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 21
- A completed university degree from Canada or its equivalency (Students without a university degree can still enroll in the Advanced 120-hour TESOL Certificate or 250-hour TESOL Diploma program and receive a TESOL certification awarded by OnTESOL upon successful completion of the program, but they are informed that TESL Canada requires an undergraduate degree from Canada or its equivalency).
- Non-native speakers who have not completed a university degree in an English speaking country must obtain a valid English Proficiency Score before applying to TESL Canada accreditation. From October 1st, 2015 onward TESL Canada will accept only IELTS Academic (Overall 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area) and TOEFL iBT (Overall 101 with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing).
Detailed information about the different standards and applications fees is available on the TESL Canada website a www.tesl.ca. Following is a summary of the certifications available to students upon completion of the relevant Ontesol components.
|Course||Ontesol Certification||ACTDEC Certification||TESL Canada Certification*|
|100-hour TEFL Certificate||100-hour TEFL Certificate||Pre-Cert (ES) TESOL (Level 2)||N/A|
|120-hour TEFL Certificate||120-hour TEFL Certificate with TEYL Specialist||Pre-Cert (ES) TESOL (Level 2)||N/A|
|120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate||120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate||Cert (ES) TESOL (Level 3)||N/A|
|120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate PLUS 20-hour Practicum||120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate PLUS 20-hour Practicum||Professional Standard 1 Certification|
|250-hour TESOL Diploma||250-hour TESOL Diploma||Cert (TM) TESOL (Level 5)||N/A|
|250-hour TESOL Diploma plus 50-hour Practicum||250-hour TESOL Diploma plus 50-hour Practicum||Cert (TM) TESOL (Level 5) + Certificate of Teaching Practice Development in TESOL||Professional Standard 2 Certification|
* TESL Canada certification also requires proof of having earned a university degree.
On-campus Trinity CertTESOL offered by our associate COVENTRY HOUSE INTERNATIONAL in Toronto Canada. Detailed information about Trinity College London, UK is available on Coventry House International website at www.study-at-coventry.com and/or at Trinity College London website at www.trinitycollege.co.uk