At their innovative school, MY’s teachers put students at the center of learning, encouraging them to apply their skills and knowledge to discover language communicatively. Teachers engage students consistently while giving them space to actively explore language in context. Apply what you learned in your OnTESOL course to the fullest!
Why Teach with MY English School?
MY English School understands the importance of teachers designing their own lesson plans and activities. That’s why the school encourages and supports the development of new ideas. MY requires teachers to be responsible professionals and expects enthusiasm and excellence on the job. MY is dedicated to rewarding and promoting teachers for their impressive projects related to curriculum development, training, hiring, and evaluation.
MY English School is one of the few schools in Japan that closes its schools for seven days annually to provide paid training for its teachers to develop new skills and knowledge in foreign language learning. Training days may explore how the brain learns language, how to use the most effective and innovative teaching techniques, and more! MY English School is constantly striving to be the best in the industry by providing a high-quality learning environment where both students and teachers can thrive.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Earn 260,000 – 270,000 yen per month plus incentives! Teachers who have an accredited TESOL certificate will receive 270,000 per month.
- Potential for pay raises, permanent employment, and full benefits with subsequent contracts
- Paid holidays
- Paid professional development
- Native-level English Speaker and ability to converse in Japanese
- Previous experience living in Japan
- Willing to relocate to Yamagata
- BA/BS university degree
- Approved TESOL certificate or willingness to obtain one during first year of employment
- Valid driving license or international driving permit (a car is necessary)
- Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
- Professional attitude
- Must love working with children and be able to teach all age groups
- Open to accepting constructive criticism
- Flexible; able to adapt to a new teaching style