TESL Canada Certification – 250-hour TESOL Diploma
This advanced 250-hour TESOL Diploma is recognized by TESL Canada for their Professional Standard 2 certification. Get certified to teach English in Canada or go abroad with the highest credentials. Study online and take the Practicum anywhere in the world to become eligible for TESL Canada accreditation.
- Busy teachers: Study at your own pace! Get personalized tutor support when you need it and submit your work for marking and feedback when you are ready!
- New ESL teachers: Get the best level of training you can get from the very beginning!
- Experienced ESL teachers: Upgrade your credentials to TESL Canada accreditation. Study online and save on the Practicum fee by completing it at the school you work at!
- Experienced Canadian teachers returning from teaching abroad: Get the credentials you need to teach English in Canada. You can start the program online and finish while you fulfill the contract abroad. You may also complete the Practicum abroad if the supervising teacher and classes meet the requirements.
- Canadian ESL teachers going abroad: Get the training and credentials you need to teach English in Canada and abroad. Go abroad with a 250-hour TESOL Diploma and complete the Practicum when you want TESL Canada accreditation! There is no deadline to complete the Practicum, so you can take it before leaving, while teaching abroad, or after returning home.
Advanced Program Recognized by TESL Canada
Understand complex grammar structures to be able to:
- Identify common students’ mistakes.
- Be comfortable with answering students’ grammar questions.
- Be prepared to produce effective grammar lesson plans at different levels in the methodology module.
Gain an in-depth understanding of phonological features (articulation of sounds, linking sounds, intonation, assimilation, elision, etc.) to be able to identify students’ pronunciation problems and use various techniques to correct students’ oral mistakes.
This module will take you through all the stages of planning and delivering effective ESL lessons. It will provide you with the ability to:
- Evaluate and use various Communicative Language Teaching methods for grammar, vocabulary, and integrated skills lessons via practical assignments and video-recorded lessons.
- Use different lesson planning models (PPP, ESA, TTT, TBL) for different ESL levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc.).
- Supplement the ESL textbook with authentic material so that you can create and/or adapt the school’s curriculum according to your students’ needs.
- Reflect on different testing and assessment strategies.
Upon successful completion of all exams, tasks, and assignments, you will receive a 250-hour TESOL Diploma awarded by Coventry House International-OnTESOL. Candidates interested in applying for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification must complete a separate 20-hour practicum module after the online program (There isn’t a deadline for completing the Practicum).
TESL Canada Accreditation Requirements
- Minimum age: 21
- University degree: Students without a university degree can still enroll in the 250-hour program and receive the 250-hour TESOL Diploma awarded by Coventry House International-Ontesol upon successful completion of the program, but they are informed that they need to complete an undergraduate degree from Canada or its equivalency before applying for TESL Canada Professional Certificate Standard 2 certification. Candidates who complete their degree outside Canada can enrol in the 250-hour TESOL Diploma, but they are informed that they must obtain the Canadian equivalency document before applying for TESL Canada accreditation.
- Candidates must have an awareness of spoken language and competence in English, both written and spoken that enables them to follow the course.
- Non-native speakers who have not completed a University degree in an English speaking country must have a valid English Proficiency Score such as TOEFL score of 550 (213 with computer -based exam; 80 with Internet –based exam), UCLES Certificate in Advanced English or IELTS minimum band 6.5 when applying for TESL Canada certification.
- A 20-hour practicum MUST be completed to be accredited by TESL Canada.
– Online / mobile / printable course material
– Professional tutor support
– Video lectures
– Task-integrated videos
– Internationally recognized 250-hour TESOL Diploma and transcript mailed to any location in the world
– Access to job board, list of schools and recruiters
The 250-hour TESOL Diploma program was designed for trainees who need to take a TESOL certification course at their own pace in order to meet other work or study commitments. The minimum time necessary to complete this course is 2 months. The maximum time given to complete this course is 8 months.
Free Teaching Resources
Below you will find video tutorials on Communicative Language Teaching methods, using authentic material, teaching integrated skills, and teaching grammar.
Find more teaching resources: